Best launch ramp to use near Wilson to fish Niagara bar

I’m looking for information on Launching a Large boat and parking a large trailer to fish the Niagara bar in the spring. I visited Wilson State Park and the turn their is pretty tight in the parking lot would be hard to navigate with a large boat. I have my CDL so it’s not like I can’t drive a trailer connected to a boat. My guess my outfit length is somewhere around 55 feet and it’s a tandem axle trailer

• Like 1

We launch our service boat at the Fort Niagara State Park launch which is a 26' boat with tandem axle trailer and our truck is a king cab with 8' bed. No problems. Parking up above in the grass field. There are two launches at the state park, north launch is a bit shallow, south launch is deeper and that's where we put in. Niagara Bar is directly out front so the run is the shortest from there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wilson Harbor is at Twelve Mile Creek which is twelve miles to the Niagara River. So then you have a 24 mile round trip from Wilson. The Fort Niagara Launch ramp is more convenient and economical. The Niagara Bar deep water drop off is three miles off shore. The nutrient rich Lake Erie outflow is there with its bait fish congregating there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1