Sold / Closed Tekota 600lc, tekota 700lc, and tekota 800-not lc for sale

Ok . I just thought there were people who liked to fish on this page. Go find 600lc consistently for under 300 dollars thats the old model. 200 for the 700lc seems like a fair ask along with 200 for the 800 and 50 per rod. 800 thats my ASK an offer thats not cutting me in half and low balling can be respected and negotiated. Why would I want to join this community page if everyone here just wants to talk ****? I thought there were people here with common interest. I didnt know I had to be a member for 6 months for my post to be recognized. My reels are at my house you can see as many pics as you want if you’re interested. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MidWestBest said:

Ok . I just thought there were people who liked to fish on this page. Go find 600lc consistently for under 300 dollars thats the old model. 200 for the 700lc seems like a fair ask along with 200 for the 800 and 50 per rod. 800 thats my ASK an offer thats not cutting me in half and low balling can be respected and negotiated. Why would I want to join this community page if everyone here just wants to talk ****? I thought there were people here with common interest. I didnt know I had to be a member for 6 months for my post to be recognized. My reels are at my house you can see as many pics as you want if you’re interested. 

I don't think anyone was talking **** to you. There's alot of scams out there and many of us have been here long enough to spot the warning signs of a potential scam as we have seen our fair share on this forum. A new account whose first post is a for sale ad asking premium prices with little information throws up some red flags. You can ask whatever prices you want that's fine, but understand people will be skeptical because of the issues I mentioned. You could have gone about things differently if you wanted to be part of the community (ie. introduce yourself, give more details on your items, shipping/pickup, etc). Goodluck with your sale. 

Im sorry for misunderstanding this site then? I thought a picture would show exactly what I have, I simply dont WANT to get rid of them but my current vehicle is forcing my hand. I figured the guys here would see what I have and if they were interested they would then pm me to negotiate final price and shipping. Look guys Im no scammer just a broke white guy trying to get my car back on the road. Lol. I thought this community would be the easiest rout as Im not familiar with ebay either and we all share some type of common interest if were on this page. Dont shy away from me guys just ask me for more pics if thats what you need, or whatever info. I dont go out on the big lakes as often as Im floating roe under a bobber in the creek or trying to find a couple browns on the fly. Its kind of a let down because I was excited to find this page and have caught all back lash. 

Im sorry for misunderstanding this site then? I thought a picture would show exactly what I have, I simply dont WANT to get rid of them but my current vehicle is forcing my hand. I figured the guys here would see what I have and if they were interested they would then pm me to negotiate final price and shipping. Look guys Im no scammer just a broke white guy trying to get my car back on the road. Lol. I thought this community would be the easiest rout as Im not familiar with ebay either and we all share some type of common interest if were on this page. Dont shy away from me guys just ask me for more pics if thats what you need, or whatever info. I dont go out on the big lakes as often as Im floating roe under a bobber in the creek or trying to find a couple browns on the fly. Its kind of a let down because I was excited to find this page and have caught all back lash. 
You have to understand, your a new member. With just registering and posting in the For Sale thread with just 1 picture and very little information as to where you are located and what you are asking for them, is what most scammers are like. If in your original post stated where you are located and how much you are asking for them, then it will not call out scammer. Because people who are looking for these items, do not want to have to ask where you are located, how much you want for them, will you ship? Or local pick up only, etc. Just understand where we all are coming from. GLWS

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MidWestBest said:

You didn't misunderstand this site, you just started off on the wrong foot is all. If you can get more pictures, its always good to say that. What are the reels spooled with for line? If they happen to be full of copper line or braid that could help justify a higher than normal asking price. What length/power are the rods? What condition are the reels in cosmetically (usually a simple 1-10 scale is what ppl use). When you're paying big bucks for reels it will help if they are in good condition cosmetically as it shows you take good care of your gear. Also payment type (cash, check, venmo, paypal) and will you ship (is that cost included in your asking price?) or local pick up (if so where are you located or willing to meet)? It's easier to just post all that info in your ad because 99% of interested buyers are going to want to know all of the things I mentioned. It's unfortunate that ppl are initially skeptical and think potential scam, but it happens... alot and that's just the world we live in these days.

Edited by FishingFool34

3 minutes ago, FishingFool34 said:

You didn't misunderstand this site, you just started off on the wrong foot is all. If you can get more pictures, its always good to say that. What are the reels spooled with for line? If they happen to be full of copper line or braid that could help justify a higher than normal asking price. What length/power are the rods? What condition are the reels in cosmetically (usually a simple 1-10 scale is what ppl use). When you're paying big bucks for reels it will help if they are in good condition cosmetically as it shows you take good care of your gear. Also payment type (cash, check, venmo, paypal) and will you ship (is that cost included in your asking price?) or local pick up (if so where are you located or willing to meet)? It's easier to just post all that info in your ad because 99% of interested buyers are going to want to know all of the things I mentioned. 

Thank you yourself and the gentleman above you have helped a lot. I also want to add just so its clear, I actually found the site while trying to do a little research on what the reels are going for and the link led me to the classifieds section so I thought this would be the perfect place to post. I thinking stumbling upon the site like that gave me a different impression. I didnt even realize I could make a post just to ask you guys what you’re favorite color to throw is or to just say hello untill after I posted the pic. Sorry for the trouble fellas. Maybe Ill start a new post this evening taking your advice into consideration. Thank you. Also, when I make a new post for the same items should I just switch this post to sold or leave it open and let it die on its own?

• Like 1

Just now, MidWestBest said:

Thank you yourself and the gentleman above you have helped a lot. I also want to add just so its clear, I actually found the site while trying to do a little research on what the reels are going for and the link led me to the classifieds section so I thought this would be the perfect place to post. I thinking stumbling upon the site like that gave me a different impression. I didnt even realize I could make a post just to ask you guys what you’re favorite color to throw is or to just say hello untill after I posted the pic. Sorry for the trouble fellas. Maybe Ill start a new post this evening taking your advice into consideration. Thank you. Also, when I make a new post for the same items should I just switch this post to sold or leave it open and let it die on its own?

You can go back and edit your original post here and add/subtract any information you want. Classifieds are just a small part of this site, there is a ton of good information here and a lot of very experienced fisherman as well. Everyone from the occasional 1-2x a year guys, to weekend warriors, to active charter captains and tournament guys. There likely isn't a question you could ask that someone here wouldn't be able to answer or at the very least point you in the right direction. 

• Thanks 1