Terrova / bluetooth controller help?

chowder

1 year old 110 thrust Terrova saltwater model. Hadn't been out since early January. Put new batteries in controller this morning (1 year old) started a drift and pfft keep losing bowmount control. Shut all off and re-paired the bowmount with controller. Situation remained the same all morning. things would be ok and then I'd look down at controller and motor would not be spinning. I would ++++ up to speed , turn on and be able to control boat. Situation might last 5 or 10 minutes and then repeat. I was always able to turn the motor but had constant problems losing the motor from being engaged. always happened if I tried to ramp up motor to above 8 pretty quickly. " Motor not found" came up sometimes but not others. Yes: batteries are oriented correctly. Ideas, thoughts?

I’d check the new batteries in the remote with a volt meter- might have a weak one.  If those are good, then I’d plug in the foot pedal if you have one-will tell you if problem is in remote or head.

On 2/22/2022 at 9:09 AM, mr 580 said:

I’d check the new batteries in the remote with a volt meter- might have a weak one.  If those are good, then I’d plug in the foot pedal if you have one-will tell you if problem is in remote or head.

I will put another new set of batteries in the remote. it's ironic that the issue occurred after I replaced the 1 year old batteries in the controller. After I re-paired the controller with the head with no positive result, my first thought was 'I wonder if one of those new batteries is no good". I do not have the foot pedal for the unit because I figured it was redundant with the controller- now I wish I had gotten one.

On 2/22/2022 at 10:28 AM, Dirtyhooker said:

I would check receptacle and plug for motor mine had corrosion issues and acted very similar it did not like the higher amp draw when motor speeded up and would drop out bow mount receptical takes considerable spray

Good suggestion! I will check that out. Thanks