Western Lake Ontario Tournaments--NY waters.

I've been getting inquiries from many people regarding the West end tournaments and their status. Although I participate in most of them and assist in promoting many of them I'm not the contact. That being said I have been able to substantiate the following events are a go 2022:

1) WHI - The Wilson Harbor Invitational  May 14 and 15 (with week long events prior) Contacts: Kevin Jerge and Pete Alex. There is a post on this forum

2) Spring "Big Boy" May 21 Held out of the ports of Olcott and Wilson. Contact: Craig Hijecki

3) Niagara Pro Am June 3rd and 4th(blow day June 5th) Held out of the ports of Olcott and Wilson. Contact: Penny Hartman

4) The Orleans County Open June 11th and 12th  Held out of Oak Orchard and Bald Eagle.  Contact: Richard Hijecki

5) Summer "Big Boy" July 2nd Held out of Oak Orchard  Contact: Craig Hijecki

6) "Reelin For a Cure" Ladies tournament Cancer Fundraiser  August 19th Held out of Olcott and Wilson  Contact: Reelin' for a cure FB page and Stephanie Pierleoni

7) Fall "Big Boy" September 3rd and 4th  Held out of Oak Orchard  Contact: Craig Hijecki

An overall series "West Cup" competition is being planned as well utilizing some of the above events. Details TBD.  Contact: Craig Hijecki

This is a post intended for "save the date" purposes. Most of the events have FB pages or sites for basic info before reaching out to the individuals.

Thank you.     

• Like 1

So I have a continuous thread on Lake Ontario tournaments below. It is updated once I receive or see official announcements on tournament dates. So if you check the thread you will see a lot of the tournament dates have not been updated because of that. FYI Vince: Some of the dates you have listed for 2022 are actually for 2021.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legacy said:

So I have a continuous thread on Lake Ontario tournaments below. It is updated once I receive or see official announcements on tournament dates. So if you check the thread you will see a lot of the tournament dates have not been updated because of that. FYI Vince: Some of the dates you have listed for 2022 are actually for 2021.

Hey Rob, Thanks for all you do. Not trying to upstage by any means, I'm getting a bunch of questions about events so I did some digging.

I double checked the dates for 2022(all I care about right now) and my dates are accurate. See you soon!  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Capt Vince Pierleoni said:

Hey Rob, Thanks for all you do. Not trying to upstage by any means, I'm getting a bunch of questions about events so I did some digging.

I double checked the dates for 2022(all I care about right now) and my dates are accurate. See you soon!  

No worries... I will update my dates to reflect those for 2022. I havent seen anything official from Niagara County or Orleans yet...

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Bozeman Bob said:

Curious as to why the Big Boy is out of the Oak and Wilson for spring and the summer event is just out of the Oak. 

the spring event is out of olcott and wilson

Pretty sure that's what I just stated. Doesn't answer my question .

You said oak and Wilson in the spring and it's in Olcott and Wilson.

The reason I believe they are doing it in Niagara county is there is a lot of boats in that area during that time of year.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

14 hours ago, Bozeman Bob said:

Curious as to why the Big Boy is out of the Oak and Wilson for spring and the summer event is just out of the Oak. 

When this event was planned we discussed the ongoing problem of dock shortages--which get worse in Wilson as the month of May goes on. The annuals want their docks even if they don't fish. There are lots of boats in both Wilson and Olcott to tap into for potential entries, and the ports are only 5 miles apart.

The weigh in will be held in one location this year--The Wilson Boatyard. There will be safeguards in place to help prevent fraudulent activity. 

Ok , fair enough , from what I have seen of the entries most if not all participants are big boats that already are docked at either port. The smaller boats , if any sure could use the public launch if slips were not available.  Hope the tournament goes well for all !  (.Sorry I missed the Olcott , not Oak in the spring , must be the lack of fish west of those ports )

Edited by Bozeman Bob