Hey , what's this ?

HB2

That’s the thing about opinions…. Everybody has one. The DSR is an operation. They have lodges, a welcome center, and several full time employees, plus dozens of part time employees. To manage that they have to pay their employees and thus charge a fee to fish.

I’ve been a pass holder for 10 years. Purely my choice. What do I get? I get to fish without the garbage. I get away from the crowds, I always find a place to swing a fly without a hassle, other anglers are cordial… and I fish to unpressured fish who will choose to crush my streamer. So for me it’s worth the fee. It’s not for everyone and that the beauty. You have a choice pay or not pay and fish any of the upper 9 miles of river.

Edited by King Davy

Correct me if I am wrong on DSR, just curious:

That section of Salmon River is a Federal Navigable water. Normally, you are not afforded under water rights on these waters. Barclay argued the language of a deed that existed before the United States, a French one I believe. Is that correct?

His family had been on the river since before the revolution. I believe originally from the British isles. You can float through the water just can’t anchor unless you have a pass. There are several river guides who have purchased rights to float and anchor on the DSR. Further more they created a program for guides to reduce the guiding fee on the property to $0 if they came by during the off season to help groom the property for the Fall.

The more projects they helped with the lower the fee. And one could reduce it to zero. 

DSR has also invited PHW, CFR and other Veterans groups to fish for free, and we’ve held multi day events on the property that included lodging at no cost. 

5 hours ago, McWally said:

Correct me if I am wrong on DSR, just curious:

That section of Salmon River is a Federal Navigable water. Normally, you are not afforded under water rights on these waters. Barclay argued the language of a deed that existed before the United States, a French one I believe. Is that correct?

Yes.

• Thanks 1