Mounting a transducer on a twin inboard

jth21usa

YES, I HAVE. I HAVE MY GARMIN 93SV W/SIDE VIEW TRANSDUCER MOUNTED DEAD CENTER ON THE TRANSOM AND A FISH HAWK X4 TRANNSDUCER MOUNTED ON BOTH SIDES, THREE TOTAL. THAT WAY I HAVE THE FISHFINDER AND FISH HAWK UNIT ON YHE TRANSOM AND THE OTHER FISH HAWK ON THE DASH IN FRONT, THE TWO FISH HAWKS GET THE INFO SIGNAL FROM ONE PROBE. THEY ALL WORK GOOD AT TROLLING SPEEDS. ON PLANE I'M NOT USING THE FISH HAWKS AND THEN THE GARMIN GETS THE NORMAL INTERFERANCE FROM THE BUBBLES.  OH ! MY BOAT IS A TIARA 2700 PURSUIT W/TWIN CRUSADERS. I HOPE THIS HELPS!

Had a transom mount transducer with twin inboards.  Did it work while trolling?  Yes, but not as well as I had hoped.  At faster trolling speeds, there were times there was more interference.  Made the switch to thru hull, but kept the transom mounted 'ducer installed to compare.  Using both back to back, the 600w thru hall outperforms the 1000w transom mount 'ducer at all trolling speeds and cruising.  Better picture and less interference.

Are you not afraid of get cross talk between the transducer on the transom and whatever other transducer you're using for when the boat is running? Yes, mounting a transducer on a twin inboard boat can be done. Usually, guys put them in the center of the boat.