VHF Antenna

srd

i just climbed in my boat and tested the pl-259 antenna connector and it is showing no continuity between the center pin and the outer shield.which i believe is how it should be cause there is a plastic tube that sepperates the the inner core wire from the outer shielding wire.if you are showing continuity between the two,i would think theres a short somewhere in the wire or the antenna itself and if thats the case,trying to transmit with a shorted antenna probably isnt good for the radio.

26 minutes ago, finsntins said:

i just climbed in my boat and tested the pl-259 antenna connector and it is showing no continuity between the center pin and the outer shield.which i believe is how it should be cause there is a plastic tube that sepperates the the inner core wire from the outer shielding wire.if you are showing continuity between the two,i would think theres a short somewhere in the wire or the antenna itself and if thats the case,trying to transmit with a shorted antenna probably isnt good for the radio.

ty much. I get so many comments some saying it shouldn't and some say it is. The tech at West Marine says it should read as a dead short. Not taking any chances so new antenna ordered . It's a new radio so playing it safe.

Edited by srd