Anybody running a PanOptix PS30 transducer in conjunction with a Smart Troll System?

chowder

I'm trying to find out what potential issues could be expected by combining Smart Troll transducer imagery displayed on a Fire Tablet with a Garmin PanOptix  transducer displaying imagery on a GPSMap 943 xsv . While I'm at it I'm also wondering if anybody has combined an AirMar TM260 (same as an Airmar B260 thru hull) with a PanOptix system and or a Smart troll system? At the present time I have a Lowrance HDS gen 3 with structure scan transducer running simultaneously with the Garmin GPS Map  and the PanOptix PS30 transducer with no interference that I am aware of. That system is in my outboard Crestliner at the present time. There is no 'temp/speed at depth' monitoring setup on that boat. 

I designed and built the Lowrance HDS /Garmin PanOptix dual sonar system to be able to be transferred between my outboard Crestliner and my larger HardTop Crestliner. The bigger HardTop Crestliner has a Fishawk which I am considering moving to the outboard boat and replacing it with a Smart Troll 4 probe system. 

The primary reason to be considering all these variables simultaneously is limitations and considerations with respect to Transom real estate space to place all this crap. Hank Searles at L&M has built the brackets that enable the PanOptix transducer to be shifted easily between boats and a fair amount of thought had to be put into accommodating the very large PS30 transducer on the outboard Crestliner. Now as we are preparing to fit the larger Crestliner with the other bracket for the PanOptix I am trying to think ahead as to what else might need to be on that precious piece of transom and what effect that device might have on the other systems in operation. Thanks!

pic 1.jpg

boats.jpg

Edited by chowder
added thought
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

With a Garmin GPSMAPS system you should be able to put Garmin's "Active Captain" app on your android tablet and have full control of your Garmin Head Unit through it. That way you have your sonar data and Smart Troll on the same tablet.

• 3 weeks later...