Helpful product

Made in the USA now, my next truck will be a Toyota!  I was told we will soon see suburbans reaching $$ six figures in cost. So many stupid sensors that end up failing on theses vehicles. Belts and bulbs that lasted forever and were cheap to replace, now have integrated circuits and motherboards. Truck design engineers should all get fired at GM for crimes against the wallet. I actually have a sensor on my Yukon that alerts me that it id raining. Rant over. 

30 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

Made in the USA now, my next truck will be a Toyota!  I was told we will soon see suburbans reaching $$ six figures in cost. So many stupid sensors that end up failing on theses vehicles. Belts and bulbs that lasted forever and were cheap to replace, now have integrated circuits and motherboards. Truck design engineers should all get fired at GM for crimes against the wallet. I actually have a sensor on my Yukon that alerts me that it id raining. Rant over. 

That rain sensor comes in handy for the run of the mill late and drunk driving hick because it activates the wipers and helps remove puke from the window 

Have fun getting 11 mpg with the Toyota. I would have bough another if they would just update that motor. Liked everything about my last tundra. Happy with my switch to ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have fun getting 11 mpg with the Toyota. I would have bough another if they would just update that motor. Liked everything about my last tundra. Happy with my switch to ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly...my brother bought a tundra 13mpg highway. My ram 21 highway.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 3/8/2022 at 6:55 PM, Gill-T said:

For any of you fellow GM truck owners that can’t stand your engine cutting from V8 to V4, and the late engine damage that will rear its head, there is a slick little aftermarket plug in device that will keep your engine in constant V8 mode. 

https://www.rangetechnology.com

I have one of these models, what is the damage that occurs? I am at 145,000 now. Still runs great but it would be good to know what to watch out for. Thanks

My AFM disabler arrived today. Easy to plug in under the dash and more importantly the device does what it is intended for. I wish I had found this device sooner. My Yukon drives perfect smooth with no clunky cylinder shut offs. 

20 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

My AFM disabler arrived today. Easy to plug in under the dash and more importantly the device does what it is intended for. I wish I had found this device sooner. My Yukon drives perfect smooth with no clunky cylinder shut offs. 

Funny my 2013 5.3 switches back and forth between 4 to 8cyl seamlessly. That feature is why I bought the truck. 

1 hour ago, signalman said:

I have a ford 150 with twin turbo v6 it pulls my 23-6 penn yan hard top with no problem

My buddy has a Platinum 150 with twin turbos great mileage and lots of power but it cost him $3000 bucks to replace a waterpump . Crazy world today I am glad I am old.

Gill-T, I think you will like the improvement.  I have one of these plug ins now in my 2015 Silverado 1500.  The guy who replaced my dead tranny (@125k miles) recommended it.  It has reduced my gas mileage by about 1-2 mpg but the clunks in and out of 4 cyl and 8 cyl are gone.  Also improves the throttle response at lower rpm's which was annoying as hell when cruising around town.  If I am making a longer highway drive, I pull the plug out and let the 4 cyl option work when at highway cruising speeds to get back some of the mpg.

Ain’t it funny how those GM trannys go at 120,000 miles. When I checked the Toyota dealership for available trucks (non-existent), the Toyota guys were giggling about all little crap stuff GM truck owners have to deal with. There comment was most Toyota trucks that are turned in are often on their original tranny at 200,000-300,000 miles. Just tires and brakes.