Pike season coming to an end

Kevin J Legg

14 hours ago, Kevin J Legg said:

Hit the SLR today for the first time in over a month after being south. Wanted to see if I could get a pike before season closes. Was fortunate to get my limit in a few hours fishing.Biggest was 31”. 

653107CB-C8FE-4C32-B91F-D4AD394C0108.jpeg

Nice! Some good fish!! Still good ice in the bays? Thinking of hitting Eel bay on friday.

On 3/16/2022 at 2:13 PM, muskiedreams said:

Those are really just dinks compared to what the size potential is for them, especially in the SLR. But unfortunately it is the new norm.

?  Some people still enjoy eating what they catch. Those are perfect eaters. 
SMH 

1 hour ago, whaler1 said:

?  Some people still enjoy eating what they catch. Those are perfect eaters. 
SMH 

Not sure where on the Seneca River these were caught but for Seneca Lake proper, the fishery, and especially the pike fishery, of Seneca has suffered a great deal in recent years.

Meanwhile, I don't believe anyone on here is criticizing anyone personally for taking legal fish. It's more about NYS regulations that are not really favorable in spite of many waters that would & could support trophy fish if there was a proper slot limit such as those in the Upper Midwest and Canada.

9 hours ago, tmag said:

Not sure where on the Seneca River these were caught but for Seneca Lake proper, the fishery, and especially the pike fishery, of Seneca has suffered a great deal in recent years.

SLR = St. Lawrence River

On 3/20/2022 at 5:16 AM, spinfly said:

SLR = St. Lawrence River

Got ya... then, for sure, those fish are certainly small for that body of water but. I believe, the St. Lawrence pike fishery has declined significantly since the Seaway was built as pike would historically lay eggs in areas that had great flooding / higher water which is now controlled.