Trailering with kicker on bracket

Hey guys. Putting a 9.9 Honda 4 stroke on my 1995 19ft Lowe this year with a Panther 4 stroke bracket. The motor weights 98lbs and the bracket is rated for 130lbs. 

The first thing I read in the instructions was to never trailer with the motor on the bracket. This never crossed my mind when buying the bracket and can’t believe guys take off a 100lb 4 stroke motor every time they trailer. 

So my question is to guys with brackets… do you actually take your motor off when trailering? Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Phisherman585 said:

Hey guys. Putting a 9.9 Honda 4 stroke on my 1995 19ft Lowe this year with a Panther 4 stroke bracket. The motor weights 98lbs and the bracket is rated for 130lbs. 

The first thing I read in the instructions was to never trailer with the motor on the bracket. This never crossed my mind when buying the bracket and can’t believe guys take off a 100lb 4 stroke motor every time they trailer. 

So my question is to guys with brackets… do you actually take your motor off when trailering? Thanks!

They will do that to protect themselves against idiots who drive down dirt roads at 80 mph while the bracket hangs by one bolt and the kicker is not properly tied down. Heck, any beer can that comes flying out of the cab may hit the kicker and it may break away...

But seriously If you have the bracket in fully upright position and you have the kicker strapped up against the transom so it does not shake and bounce and most important does not hit the roadbed while driving you should not have a problem.

So I drive carefully and have everything strapped down and my kickers must have 10000 miles on the back of my boat,

I just ratchet strap it up tight and punch the gas. Never had a problem but without the strap you could bounce it loose and have it hit the ground. Like said they just just have to put that in there to save themselves from lawsuits when people do dumb things. Anybody tries suing for damage and the defense just points to where it says you can't put a motor on it. Lol  I have the panther now and it's built like a tank compared to the bracket I had before and never had any problem with the cheap 2 stroke bracket. Just tie up the motor.