Cannon Mag 10STX mounting question

tj13825

Guys sorry if this has been discussed, I tried to search for 1/2 hour and could not find my answer. After running Invader downriggers since the early 90's I finally broke down and bought brand new Cannon Mag 10STX's that are supposed to arrive today. I had the Invader downriggers mounted to Traxstech Swivel risers for my tracks. 

Should I eliminate the Cannon Swivel mount and bolt the Cannon mounting plate to the Traxstech swivel base? (the Traxstech swivel base is narrower then the cannon mounting plate)

Or

Should I buy Non-swivel Traxstech risers and use the Cannon swivel bases?

Is one method more secure then the other? Does one style swivel mechanism work better then another?

Thanks

Terry

Just use your current Traxstech Swivel bases with your new riggers.  IMO the Traxstech swivel is more durable than the Cannon.  I also like the position of the swivel lock better on the Traxstech vs the Cannon.  I have both on my boat.

I almost lost a cannon rigger over board one day . I was using cannon pedestal swivel baces and the bolt that they swivel on broke. I was lucky I tie the ball retrieval line to the inside of the boat and hauled it in and got the ball back too. Now I use the low profile stainless swivels on a fixed pedestal and they work just fine.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Lake Ontario United mobile app