Niagara River fishermen- Ice boom updates

Okay I stepped in it again. Turns out there is a piece of old broken boom below bridal falls that they are going to remove ahead of the real boom removal upstream. I can’t find any guidance on when the ice boom will be removed. There is very little ice remaining so I have to believe it is getting pulled soon. 

You got me all excited. Went looking for news release couldn’t find it. O well won’t be long. I check satellite shot of Erie every day . Still some out there put it looks real loose. It’s Gotta to get to 250 sq. miles to yank boom. I think April 1 - 5 is average when they start pulling it. Coming soon.

DISREGARD.... WRONG DATE... ooops   New York Power Authority boat Breaker II brings sections of the ice boom into the inner harbor, as crews began to remove it from Lake Erie, March 22, 2021.

https://buffalonews.com/multimedia/photos-new-york-power-authority-crews-remove-ice-boom-from-lake-erie/collection_4b7dafa0-8b37-11eb-a9af-efe0aa754e40.html#1  

Edited by salmoseine

Icy cold Lake Erie waters will end shortly as as the ice is gone and prevailing SW winds bring warmer water from Ohio to the Eastern end of Lake Erie.  Fishing on the Niagara Bar and the southern shoreline will be warmed by the warmer Niagara River flume that flows along the southern Lake Ontario shoreline. Be ready to start fishing the shoreline and the Niagara Bar now. Also consider the Welland Canal will be flowing warmer Lake Erie waters now.