Anybody running Cabela's Advanced Anglers Planer Boards?

I'm getting excited about getting on the water again---it won't be long!  I'm planning on hitting the Fishing Tackle & Outdoor Show at Clute Park Sunday morning.  I've never trolled with planer boards and I've been watching a few YouTube videos.  One guy did a review of Cabela's brand Advanced Anglers Planer Boards and he seemed happy with them but he was just getting started.  Anyone have any experience with these things?  At $23.99, they are nearly half the price of Offshore Tackle but if they are crap I'd rather buy the best and cry once---Cabela's price for Offshore Tackle is $39.99.  Thanks for any help!

Thanks Z!  Cabela's only had the left planer board from Offshore Tackle so I ended up going with Church Tackle TX-22's.  I ordered two and I can run them on either the starboard or portside.  I had $136 in Cabela's points that I had to rip through, so I was trying to purchase from Cabela's.  And of course I ordered a few spoons and a couple flashers and…

7 hours ago, Followed The Waves said:

Thanks Z!  Cabela's only had the left planer board from Offshore Tackle so I ended up going with Church Tackle TX-22's.  I ordered two and I can run them on either the starboard or portside.  I had $136 in Cabela's points that I had to rip through, so I was trying to purchase from Cabela's.  And of course I ordered a few spoons and a couple flashers and…

Let me know how you like the church to-22’s I wanna get some for walleye 

Can't wait to give them a try but I won't be launching until the 15th; with good weather I may get out a week earlier.  They just got here this morning.  I've never used planers before but they look like a good way to get things out away from the boat.  As long as I have a guest (or wife!) on board, I want to run two planers, two dipsies, and two leadcore lines out the back.  That's my plan, anyway… :smile: