Cannon mag 10 hs

Check with Fish 307 about using a Mag 10STX board #3394006 ilo of the obsolete Mag 10HS board #3394002.  Sounds like the #3394006 will substitute by changing a spade terminal on one wire and using the 10STX wiring diagram.  Looks like that board is in stock and little cheaper than the original one.  Hope this works for you.

Sure, remember you from the Oak.  If you put the #3394002 number into fish307 site you will see a review from a customer that used the later board in his 10HS.  I looked into your issue as I have a couple 10HS that I put boards in due to moisture.  I sealed top and drilled a small drain hole in bottom-haven’t had an issue since.  It might be worth a few calls to see if anybody has done that swap.  Pretty simple wiring on Cannons so I don’t believe the boards are much different.

Okay, like you I'm bummed that this part is labelled "obsolete" by Cannon. It's not obsolete for those of us with Cannon Mag 10HS. So I purchased 3394006 from Fish307 and wired it per instructions for Mag10STX. The only modification was that I had to snip off the connector provided on the green wire and put onto it instead a 1/4" male spade connector (from hardware store). The PCB is slightly bulkier, and so it took perhaps 5 minutes of fiddling to get it to physically fit into the small space, but it does. And works like a charm. And the relay switch is rated at a higher amperage. Important: Follow the wiring diagram for Cannon Mag 10STX and you'll be fine. DO NOT instead try to match up PCB labels like "J1" "J2" etc. The resistor for the motor output on 3394006 is different than for 3394002. But the motor on the Cannon Mag 10HS is bullet proof.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I believe my problem was I was testing on my smaller boat on the hoist. I did not lower the boat into the water. However - I did not like the super-sonic speed with the new board. I was able to fix my old board. I have an extra of the new one if someone wants to make me an offer.

• 10 months later...

Hello HillBilly!

It sounds like the motor is either faulty, or is not getting enough amperage.

Take the lead wires to the motor and pull them off the circuit board.  Connect them directly to a 12V power supply for a few seconds to see if this corrects the problem. If it does not, its likely the motor is failing, unless the gear box is bound up (Located below the plate with the 4 screws).

If it does correct the problem, then you probably have either a loose connection or a faulty relay on the circuit board. With the motor leads reconnected, check the voltage at the motor leads while trying to pull up the ball. If it doesnt read around 12V then you have a voltage drop issue.   Work back from there to the battery checking voltage at each connection while under load.  This should tell you where the voltage drop is occurring. Remember this must be done UNDER LOAD. 

Good luck...these riggers are no good electrically speaking...I just had one fail last week.....probably 8 failures in 9 years.....

• 1 month later...