Best Months for Browns?

Browns are fairly patternable. If you put in your time and have a decent idea what to look for you will find success. 
They are my favorite fish in the lake and I never grow tired of targeting them. Although a screaming king is a lot of fun there is just something special to me about browns over 15 pounds. 

• Like 3

Browns are fairly patternable. If you put in your time and have a decent idea what to look for you will find success. 
They are my favorite fish in the lake and I never grow tired of targeting them. Although a screaming king is a lot of fun there is just something special to me about browns over 15 pounds. 
Likewise...ive always loved fishing for Browns in the streams, but have never caught a Brown over 17"! All basic stocker fish back in the New England states

Sent from my SM-G965U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think the largest browns we got past several years based Soley on Month of the year has been Early June, late May. One nice one 12# end of April. Same for the rainbow we got a real nice one I think May 1st ish. 

We were closer to shore in less than 40 fow in small boat.  So we were limited.  

Love this forum, great folks willing to help out.  

Edited by Hounds
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the largest browns we got past several years based Soley on Month of the year has been Early June, late May. One nice one 12# end of April. Same for the rainbow we got a real nice one I think May 1st ish. 

We were closer to shore in less than 40 fow in small boat.  So we were limited.  

Love this forum, great folks willing to help out.  

I appreciate all the time LOU members take to reply/post...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

If you’re looking for shallower water trolling, I’d say April-May. They’ll start to slide out deeper as the shallows warm up, but as mentioned above you can pattern the move. I’m trying to figure that out myself and get more success on Browns through the warmer months. Good luck! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Right now in mexico bay. Got a 15.5 lb brownlast night and dropped another around the same size.  Lots of browns in the bay.  Fished 5min with 4 rods for 5min this morning in 4to8’s and caught two 5lbers.  And said thats enough

047995A8-631F-42C5-8050-E632F34A4F23.jpeg

C35860EB-75DC-4073-B0E4-5233E62A4CC6.jpeg

Edited by Hachimo
  • Thanks 1