Trolling motor battery

Sorry, not a bass fishing post but not getting any replies on other threads and since you guys use electric trolling motors the most, here it goes. If you could only have one trolling motor battery on your boat for under $300 what would it be? Looking to run my 55lb thrust minn kota at less than half speed for a few hours at a time but don’t want to spend $2000 on a battery. I would love some suggestions from guys that do it. Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2022 at 11:24 PM, greenhornet73 said:

Sorry, not a bass fishing post but not getting any replies on other threads and since you guys use electric trolling motors the most, here it goes. If you could only have one trolling motor battery on your boat for under $300 what would it be? Looking to run my 55lb thrust minn kota at less than half speed for a few hours at a time but don’t want to spend $2000 on a battery. I would love some suggestions from guys that do it. Thanks in advance.

Look into the cheaper lithium batteries like ampertime or chins 

• 2 weeks later...

I run optima blue tops on my 24v motors and main, 3 batts. Can't justify the cost of lithium. And there's newer battery technology being developed. AGM batteries do last the best. Over winter mine go on a battery tender in constant temp, 55-58, in my shop. Maintain ANY battery properly and it will last as long as it's within specs of your operating requirements for amp output. On a single 12v battery set up I used to run a 12v 90# AGM made by Hawker. If you killed that, you had a long day! I don't remember the exact specs on it, group 30. Hope this helps.

Sent from my E6910 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1