Swimbait jighead question

Keitech has tungsten jig heads and their website has the recommended hook size for each size of each bait. use the lightest head you can get to the desired depth for working as a swimbait as the slower the better and fish rod tip up.  They make all the different weight heads with all the different size hooks so weight doesn't dictate hook size.  The vmc boxer jighead in 1/8 ounce is an excellent all purpose choice as well.  The easy shiner in the pic does work fairly well, but I prefer the swing impact or the fat swing impact. The swing impact has a slower sink rate and therefore can be fished slower which helps on walleye for sure.  The swing impact is a dual density bait also so you can fish it on a just a hook and the bait won't flip over.  If you are actually jigging and not using it as a swimbait then I would use the easy shiner.  I use from 3.3 up to 5.8 depending on the fishery.  4.5 and 4.8 are my goto on Otisco.  Im on the Keitech prostaff and have a coupon code for you if you or anyone else wants it pm me as Im not supposed to open post it but I can share it as that's what it's for.  If you have any other questions is be happy to help.  

• Thanks 1

Everything Justin said is spot on. I use the VMC boxer heads from 1/8 to 3/8 depending on conditions, and both the swing impact and fattie are go-to rigs. I particularly like the smallmouth magic when fishing multi-species. 

• Thanks 1