Cayuga 4/13

Got out around 7:30 this morning out of treman. Water level was was at summer levels or a bit higher. Lots of chocolate water  that extended beyond the drop off.  Worked the skinnywater with stickbaits for a couple hrs had a couple hits . Went out a little deeper to get out of the mud water. Had a good screen put down a couple spoons on riggers no takers. Wind kicked up pulled the rods at 10:30 . Talked to a guy at the launch he said he didnt catch anything either.

screenshot.jpg

• Like 3

Reel Doc   Years ago I was at the Harrisburg PA outdoor show. I bought a pink downrigger rod. I ran it for years on the starboard rigger. It caught more salmon than everyrod in the boat combined. Finally the pink color faded out and I dont know what ever happened to the rod. Anyway this winter I did some utube search and I painted up several rods .. I now have pink, purple. blue.  It is great when you have strangers in the boat and you get a hit. pink rod! blue rod ! whatever. Any way its give them a light sanding, get some rustolim paint. Tape off the eyelets . coat with clear. It seems very durable.. Thanks for noticing..

I would think very talented guys who paint the lures would get into rodpainting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...