Lake Tahoe

I haven't fished Tahoe for a while now because the local home owners Ass. have gated/locked all the ramps. They unlock at 6AM and lock at 4PM. If you don't make the 4PM, tough. Plus the Dept. of Fish and Game conducts a thorough Quagga Muscle inspection that you pay for before you launch. You can use bait fish caught in the lake to catch Lakers, Bows and Browns. The Lake also has a strong population of Kokanee Salmon. These photos are of a small Mackinaw. (2 fish limit) The big one shook lose after belching air and shook lose at the boat. The main set up was a Dodger and bait fish rig sent down the downrigger to 196 feet.

In the early Spring and Fall Trolling the shoreline produces big Browns, Macks and Bows. A lot of fish in the teens up to 30 lbs. range are regularly reported by the charter Capt's.

Anyway, I thought you guys might like to see water that is still clear enough to look down as far as 40 feet in some places.

Dale

tahoe1_400_x_300_.jpg

tahoe4_400_x_300_.jpg

tahoe3_400_x_300_.jpg

tahoe6_400_x_300_.jpg

Stan - If memory serves me right, it cost $12.00 to launch and $30.00 for the inspection. With a two fish limit and a two hour drive for me plus the entry fees, I think the hoity toity Tahoettes have succeeded in keeping the out of area undesireables (me) out of there.

It's still a beautiful Lake with the multi-multi million dollar homes spread around it. I guess the reality is that they are trying to keep it that way. Exclusive!