Fished solo today from 7 to 11. My brother and I fished a week ago Tuesday and had 38°water and I had 44°today. Landed 5 browns, lost 2, landed a pike, smallmouth and a 12 lb king. I lost another king right behind the boat. One king came on a Sutton 44 and the one I lost hit a Halloween Rapala shadow rap. The other fish came on a silver Alpena Diamond, #9 jointed black and silver Rapala and a pink lemonade thunderstick jr. 20220415_091824.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 8

That's a great solo effort.  I fish solo most of the time and netting them can be hit or miss many times if the fish have any size to them.  I really don' t understand why they can't cooperate and just jump into the boat at that point.

Tight Lines

The spoon was fine. It came out of her mouth in the net, breaking one of the treble hooks. It had a welded ring holding the hook on so I had to replace it with a split ring and new treble. I caught a brown and the smallmouth on it after. I would have landed the second king if there was someone with me. It was just about in the net when it turned and ran.