Left I Bay around 7:30am set up near Webster Park heading east turned around just before Smoky Point and pulled rods 12:30pm back at the park. Mixed bag today 4 Kings on 2 came to the net 2 coho and 20+ browns. Just east of the park was best 15 to 20 fow everything fired today  sometimes 4 on at once. The MVP again was my custom bait from Bay Rat Tricky Ricky taking 3 of the 4 king bites 130' behind the OR-12 board. Stinger spoons on boards 110'  to 120' with 1/4oz split shot. Divers out 22 to 28' down riggers 40-45' back down 12'-18' pictures of best colors below. Tight lines and best of luck to everyone enjoying this great fishery.

Resized_20220418_114158.jpeg

20220418_093013.jpg

20220418_130727.jpg

20220418_130741.jpg

20220418_171031.jpg

20220418_153948.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the report. That's a great day.  I am fishing out of Olcott and my results don't seem to compare to what is happening from Rochester east.  Now I only run three rods and have nothing particularly special in terms of gear, but still wish I could boost my hookup numbers.  I feel the water here has been too clear compared to what it sounds like to the east.  That's my excuse and I am sticking to it (for now anyway).

Tight Lines back at ya'.

The water temp today was mid 40's and a mix of green and clear  the key is finding the green water you will hook up more and don't be afraid to bump that speed up  when the water clears its like a reaction bite in the clearer water. 2.5 to 2.8 mph was what took most the strikes today.  Run shorter leads in dirty water longer leads in clear water. Hope this helps best of luck.

13 hours ago, Helter Skelter said:

entered thinking I'd see a thread about taking kings on a top water lure. 

what does the "top water" reference in the title mean? 

(nice silvers btw)

Using the Bay Rat (short shallow) stick baits that work high in the water column was a unexpected King bite and a bonus of the day. Best of luck to everyone getting out on the water.

Edited by T.ice1980