Kicker fuel hookup

EYE SPY

I'm trying to hook my kicker (2020 Merc 9.9) to my main tank so as to avoid having a can kicking around on the floor. I purchased an anti siphon fitting thinking I would just screw it into my water separator and tie into it that way. After further inspection I don't think that'll work considering the setup I have. Anyone else ever run into this or have a good idea as to how I can make this work? Motor is a 2003 Volvo 4.3 gxi, thanks in advance

PXL_20220422_174423960.jpg

Screenshot_20220423-053511.png

Edited by EYE SPY

Hi just jumping on this post, I am doing the same thing to my boat.  I was going to use a straight 1/4" ID fitting because my fuel/water separator has 2 outlets, and 1 just has a dummy plug in it.  But I was going to use a line from the separator to my kicker with an inline squeeze bulb in it- will that essentially serve the same purpose as an anti-siphon fitting/valve?

Thanks

I've done a little research on running off the separator, everyone seems to recommend the anti siphon nipple regardless of a check valve in the primer bulb. I found mine at West Marine for about $8, you need a nipple regardless so may as well get the anti siphon one

• Like 2

3 hours ago, L&M said:

Check the fitting size going into the separator and use a straight - tee to connect both the main fuel & antiphon to the kicker. It is normally 3/8 NPT thread.

Tee.jpg.2436e3e6877d0a4dd35542719e1ae918.jpg

Thanks, I was hoping you'd reply with a simple fix. My next problem is finding one, been looking all morning online and nothing in stock in the Watertown where I've looked

23 minutes ago, EYE SPY said:

I've done a little research on running off the separator, everyone seems to recommend the anti siphon nipple regardless of a check valve in the primer bulb. I found mine at West Marine for about $8, you need a nipple regardless so may as well get the anti siphon one

Thanks, makes sense to me!

1 hour ago, EYE SPY said:

Thanks, I was hoping you'd reply with a simple fix. My next problem is finding one, been looking all morning online and nothing in stock in the Watertown where I've looked

Amazon if worse comes to worse 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, jeffro9 said:

Also looking to plumb my 9.9 4 stroke merc into my i/o main, I have came across many different ways while researching, But have yet to determine the best ,fail proof way

All the above pretty much covers it. Some sort of positive dedicated antiphon valve inline to the kicker or a two way valve. Rule number one is don't solely rely on the primer bulb to do the job. 

In the process of adding a kicker as well.

teflon tape good for the nipple going into the fuel separator or is pipe dope better?.

So do these  routes make sense:

1 line from main tank to water fuel separator, 2 lines out of water fuel separator, 1 going to main motor other going to kicker, both having check valves on them and a primer bulb for kicker.  

OR

1 line from main tank to fuel separator, 1 line out of separator to 3 way fuel valve , 2 lines out of 3 way. 1 to kicker with primer bulb, other to main