A beautiful morning at the launch, but out on the lake that SouthEast wind was nasty for most of the morning.  The surf wasn't much of a problem but turns could be tricky with the gusty winds broadsiding the boat.  Took some time for the fish to cooperate, but by 8:30 it was game on!  Some solid Browns but no monsters.  Then while finishing a 180 turn, the rigger rod started singing!  Had a great time working the King in on a light Ugly Stik set up.  It did the "shark-in-the-water" hover about 15-20 feet behind the boat 4 different times, and when I tried to bring it to net range would peel off 50 feet or so.  Fifth time was the charm as it was finally played out. 

Found a few more Browns, all but 1 taking spoons off rigger or 2 color along with this stick snatcher.   

A great morning to enjoy some fishing!!

IMG_20220424_062522089_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220424_090830891_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220424_100745606_HDR.jpg

• Like 7

Great report thanks. I was out also. We left from Sodus. A local told me Saturday was a stic bite but I really wanted my best shot at a King so I stuck with spoons. We only put one brown in the net as of 1 pm. We went in for lunch and back out about 2:30. I changed over to all stic baits and the rods fired consistently boating 5 browns and a nice eye.

• Like 1