Call your senator

So there we go again, turning stuff into politics that gain us nothing positive but help finance a lot of politicians who claim to represent you but mostly want your money.

Let's put some things  in line here.

We all know that lead is not something you want on your breakfast plate and we do not really want to kill animals because they ate the animal that got hit but got away and died later

Most hunters love nature and so do the people who promote the change away from lead.

Ducks unlimited invests a lot in environmental improvements, so it seems to me that that there are more than just a few shared interests.

I do not think that hunters have to quit their hobby just because of the material that they use to shoot.

So what other alternatives are there ?

Let's start with the anti lead crowd. They should be made aware that every time they use Orkin or Mosquito Joe or anti grub treatments for their lawn, they are probably indirectly killing a lot of birds. We should make them aware of their negative actions and save some of the things they claim to protect.

Now for the hunters. If using something instead of lead, would a longer barrel or a rifled barrel help? Would different tactics or techniques remove the need for lead?

Is not overcoming the challenges while hunting a great part of the woodsman's joy?

I could go on. Calling your senator is an idea. Calling your senator with ideas about how to solve the problem and give them a chance to do something positive instead of wasting our money to play politics is a great idea.

Think about it.

Edited by rolmops
  • Thanks 1

I have thought about. And then thought about it some more. This a back door way that is used by the anti-hunting crowd. There is no science behind it. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bearhunter said:

Next step will include private land and then they will include carry concealed also!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

There probably are some people who would like to see that, although not very many. It is more probable that parents whose children were hurt or killed because of guns left laying around by irresponsible parents will be held criminally liable.

Edited by rolmops

On 4/30/2022 at 8:03 AM, rolmops said:

So there we go again, turning stuff into politics that gain us nothing positive but help finance a lot of politicians who claim to represent you but mostly want your money.

Let's put some things  in line here.

We all know that lead is not something you want on your breakfast plate and we do not really want to kill animals because they ate the animal that got hit but got away and died later

Most hunters love nature and so do the people who promote the change away from lead.

Ducks unlimited invests a lot in environmental improvements, so it seems to me that that there are more than just a few shared interests.

I do not think that hunters have to quit their hobby just because of the material that they use to shoot.

So what other alternatives are there ?

Let's start with the anti lead crowd. They should be made aware that every time they use Orkin or Mosquito Joe or anti grub treatments for their lawn, they are probably indirectly killing a lot of birds. We should make them aware of their negative actions and save some of the things they claim to protect.

Now for the hunters. If using something instead of lead, would a longer barrel or a rifled barrel help? Would different tactics or techniques remove the need for lead?

Is not overcoming the challenges while hunting a great part of the woodsman's joy?

I could go on. Calling your senator is an idea. Calling your senator with ideas about how to solve the problem and give them a chance to do something positive instead of wasting our money to play politics is a great idea.

Think about it.

No, no, no. The premise of this is political, and folks are allowed respond politically. There is no problem with some guy shooting a turkey or deer on state land with lead. The left worrying about a racoon eating a lost pheasant or some “redneck” having lead for breakfast, thus ginning this Bill up is very funny. Creating an environmental issue out of thin air and offering the solution that promotes an agenda is political. No sane outdoorsman has thought to himself out hunting the uplands that lead is a problem that requires a collectivist effort to overcome. Next, they’ll say, ‘look at how far air guns have come’, now we are going to solve noise pollution. ‘We are going to help all these country bumpkins from losing their hearing from black powder’ and right on cue romlops would ask us “can you hear me now?” 

• Like 1

All guns are bad.

Hunting is a legal and legitimate use of a gun. Put BS restrictions on hunting so people stop doing it.

Without understanding the mechanics of how a gun works, restrict certain features.

Place unnecessary taxes on ammo and other gun accessories.

Require gun owners to pay exhortation insurance rates to discourage gun ownership.

Rinse, lather and repeat.

Guns go away.

Life is good.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by JJBat150
  • Like 1

Lead free ammunition is expensive, and it's not readily available in many rifle calibers. Lead ammunition is nowhere near as toxic as all the herbicides that get sprayed on the crops in this state.

• Like 3