Epic Day on Seneca Lake

Had one of those magical days on Seneca Lake yesterday, not in numbers of fish, but size was up for sure pulling 4 yellow perch over 2.5 lbs! The largest measured 15.75" and 3.2 lbs on the very old boat scale when caught, 2.85 lbs once we got home and it was put on a set of certified scales - difference could be from it emptying its stomach on the way home. My new PB none the less!! She'll be headed to our local taxidermist today to join some others from last year. 

Mega Seneca Perch.jpg

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Reel Doc said:

Great looking fish!  Is some of the abdomen distention eggs or are they post spawn now.

They are still packed with eggs. Time to pull a couple for mounts, let the other females go for reproduction and keep males for fillets...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JJBat150 said:

How do those pigs swim ? Bet they fought like a laker. emoji846.png

Sent from my SM-G981U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They fight quite hard, especially when using ultra-light rods and 6 lb test line! It can be a lot of work to find them and get them to bite, but so rewarding when it all comes together! Time to hunt down the next state record...8)

26 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

Tim, what do you attribute their size to?  Eggs alone or were they loaded with gobies?

Both, lots of eggs and packed with all sorts of forage (minnows, sculpin, snails, crayfish, mussels, bugs, etc.). Between the time I caught it and got it weighed for the state the following day it had coughed up almost a 1/2 lb of stuff!