Billy V Wilson report April 25th, 2009

More Laker action for us today. :o We got a late start and headed West towards the river at about 7am. We ran out to about 50 FOW just a tad East of 4 Mile and set up with that big SW wind at our backs. We had lots of marks on the screen in 80-90 FOW but we just couldn't get them going with any sort of consistency. In the two hours we were out there we got bit on our SS Die Hard on a rigger parked at 70' and we took a really good shot on our diver pulling a green Spinny/Sigg's Green Hypnotist fly out 90' on a #2 setting. That diver shot was a real good fish and it peeled a bunch of line off before throwing the hook. I'd bet that was our first West-end King bite! I'll be the first to admit that today was more about exploring the area than it was about actually fishing, so when the wind picked up even more we all decided that it was time to head back to the dock and get to work getting settled in. There were a couple of other boats a bit East of us in the same water depths we were in and on the way in we saw a couple more working the skinny inside water, but I have no idea how any of them did.

Fishing2009077.jpg

Fishing2009078.jpg

There was a lot of green water inside of 100 FOW.

I talked to a friend of mine who's fishing the Scotty and they had a tough day today, but there were a few decent boxes of fish at Saturday's weigh in. Looking forward to the Kings moving our way!!

Congrats on the safe trip out there Bill, and putting some "Western" slime in the boat! :yes: Good luck this season and hope to run into you at the Oak.

Shawn