Owasco 5/7

First time out on Owasco this year. Launched at Emerson around 2 and headed for the point. Found some good marks down 90' but only managed 1 laker on a chicken wing spoon. Lots of lookers but few takers. We switched spoons, rigs, bells, traps and changed speeds quite a bit, but didn't seem to matter much. Sometimes I wonder if it'd be less beneficial but less stressful if I didn't see the fish on the finder [emoji28] Either way, great to get out with a buddy on a nice day

Sent from my SM-A515U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fished south end this am...slowest day I've had in these water temps. Water color good, lures and spread I have serious confidence in given the conditions. Granted I was targeting browns/fish higher in the column and trolling 2.5 plus mph...even my deep rigger rotted any time I slid deeper just looking. I was not so much looking for marks as I was active fish high in the column (often you don't/won't mark the high cruising fish) and it was a grind. Just seemed off for me. Hope others did better than we did. 

Fish are fish and they do what they want when they want.. Sometimes they just don't hit  period-even when conditions/weather/time/temperature are perfect... Many years ago, I caught 26 Walleye, all legal size,]orl] standing on the same rock at 3PM in the afternoon, on a very sunny, warm early September day, in maybe 5 or  6 feet of water... those Walleye had NO business being there at that time of day, in that kind of bright sun, in water that warm and shallow.. Yet there they were, and would hit ANYTHING I threw at them, large or small, instantly.. Never happened before that wonderful  day, never happened again...  I don't really understand fish, and I have been at this for over 60 years, since I was a little kid... Every single time I think I have it all figured out with ANY fish, they make a monkey out of me,,,  As the old saying goes, "thats why they call it fishing, not catching"... bob

• Like 2