Chasing gators, a great plan B

Well like mikeyman and Joseph reported, fishing silvers was a bit tough this weekend. Was running from  Owasco up to Ontario and back chasing eyes and weather. As reported below Saturday the 7th was slow for silvers, figured I could wash lures at a catch per unit effort  of a fish per hour........or chase post spawn hungry gators, yeah.....we did that, found them in 51 degree water and the board back chaos began, so much fun.......no bait present but a variety of hungry fish including pike, eyes, and a large mouth, my first one ever while trolling,  took a quick pic and got her back in the water asap. We hit flurries that made great memories and Sunday was no different,  got a late start at 10 due to mother's day breakfast, but we played with a few more......great weekend, even with an east wind......best temp 51, speed 2.5, bright colored sticks triggered pike the best. Wont be long and the baits gonna show and with it the silvers, till then always good to have a plan B. Tight lines.

20220507_060233.jpg

20220507_112450.jpg

20220508_164339.jpg

20220508_164238.jpg

20220508_164157.jpg

20220508_113800.jpg

20220508_113817.jpg

• Like 5

Nice. Think I saw you come out and set up when I was going back to the dock. My silver program fell short but I know if theyre there and biting my rods fire. Still doesn't get better when you expect them to go! I've been humbled by owasco before and I will be again. Looks like you had a good day, nice. 

Ha ha ha , sadly......my boat is a slimy mess, I have to pressure wash it tomorrow. Those pike really empty out when you bring them aboard........ but I just couldn’t go all day not reeling something in........ my oldest son loves pike so it all worked out....and hey, we finished the day without either one of us bleeding.

• Like 1

Great looking catches!!  That East wind sure made you bundle up.  So you were trolling up at Fair Haven and catching Pike and Walleye!  I have never caught a walleye but never targeted them either.  On my bucket list so might be asking for some advice one of these days .....

No Reel doc, these fish were from Owasco........I was also going up to Ontario to fish eyes at night during the weekend, I posted those results in the walleye section. Wind was bad Friday night so I went back to my camp on Owasco and fished almost glass calm waters until sat afternoon.

• Like 1