Planer mast extension

I made a set out of pvc that fit over two of the rod holders on the arch on my Islander and turn outward with pulleys on the ends. I’ll try to Β get time and put them on and get a pic if you wantΒ 

Mine is mounted to a mast on nose of the boat . I feel that if I could make the mast a couple feet taller it would give me a lot more angle. My tow lime drags in the water a lot out by the board . I feel more angle I could get a little farther out also

I went with heavier boards that pull harder and run my rod tips above the toe line. That's addressed my problems with boards on my last three boats.

My boards are 32" long with four 2' 1/2" allthread connecting them. Nice and heavy. Pull well and keep slack out of the line. I put pool noodles on the top sections of Allthread for flotation / visibility. I also run Great Lakes Planer plus 4' trees just in front of my windshield. Rod tips run above the toe line.

That setup really works great.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 1:28 PM, hookedupf7 said:

Anybody ever extend there planer mast . I feel I need more height to get more of an angle. If so I would like to see pic. Thanks

Yep, not complicated unless you’re boat is a fashion statement 😜PS; a little weight on yer releases is usually all that is required for more aggressive slide outs, very easy on Clippers- there is a bolt hole

• Like 1