haven't been out since the big mudline last week any suggestions go east or west and what the depth lookin like any help on where to start dont want to burn up the gas ripping around willy nilly

?

Edited by SHOOTER544

When out of I-Bay yesterday. Gin clear water until almost the river. Mostly muddy water around the river but there was some greener water as we headed west. It sounded like most action was west near Braddocks Bay but we never made it that far. Fishing has been slow near the bay the last few days.

Fished Braddocks last 4 days and the Brown bite has been tough. Water temp and color are good but not a lot of fish. 
out deeper, good numbers of coho and small kings. 

Went out for a shake down run on Tuesday night in Ship Builders area and a bit east of there.  Clear water was void of fish. Ran out to 90' to run the motor and let the riggers run and marked 2 fish about 55' down.  Waves were rough at first but calmed down about 7:00.  At least the boat is in water. 

Heading out of Ibay tomorrow morning for the maiden voyage.  Not sounding that encouraging and we know the east wind is a downer mostly for this area at this time of year.  I'll post my report tomorrow.

no luck not one release..............temps were right water was nice not even any bait on the screen fished from 25' to 80' nothing my cousin tom runs a charter out of oak orchard said they limited out this morn mixed bag 60-80' of water from 30-60 down  oh well was a beautiful day!!

Left Braddocks at 5am  and went north west until we hit 115 foot of water and targeted lakers for the Loc derby using blue 5/0 cowbells with a mag blue UV chartreuse dot and a 4/0 green and yellow UV running a mag gambler bull frog.  The green bull frog was hot so we swapped out the blue for a 4/0 green and yellow and a custom green killer bee mag I put together with gamblers parts..  We doubled a bunch of times and picked up about 10 lakers but couldn’t get a fish larger that 13lbs to get on the loc board. Best depth was 110 feet but a better class of fish was at 120  

At 845am swapped to a kings setup with riggers at 50 , 200 copper, and wire slide divers on 2 at 200 feet back.  We got 2 kings about 12lbs each in 120 FOW one on the rigger at 50 on a moonshine mag green knight. The other came on the wire slide diver on a custom brown town painted on a copper mag dreamweaver blank. 

Back at the launch by 1030am

3C1AD6CC-B967-4236-9B75-6B629DD3768B.jpeg

02E6C53E-B77F-47BD-8167-3F285F484AF2.jpeg

C2F63620-154F-4804-94A0-2E751097A2BF.jpeg

ADB575AB-58AC-46D2-BBC1-C0AB21F144C6.jpeg

D9D537C3-101F-4361-ACB0-68FAD163C8C3.jpeg

F5B13F2A-49B8-4625-A3A9-1AF67AB14FB2.jpeg

76836FBF-862F-424B-8830-9668309E620E.jpeg

DE26734E-A956-4198-99A2-74192C8C3263.jpeg

48A6D1EF-B45E-4D84-B190-6BDB725DFB57.jpeg

E887DE25-BD9A-4EF1-9CB1-C14B033244D3.jpeg

16B4BD0F-1881-480A-BBDA-D8D386992AFE.jpeg

3667B2B9-09BF-4AEA-B0D8-83C6F1998F25.jpeg

20 minutes ago, tropha said:

It’s a good thing you weren’t fishing out of port of Rochester or IBay. 

My kid talked me out of as I wanted to fish infront of Webster park but he insisted either Braddocks or Sandy 

Edited by adesalvo

Fished Braddock yesterday (Wednesday) from about 8am to noon and had good water temp (49-50 degrees) off of Braddock but did not catch a single brown.  Managed only one small king (1-2 pounder).  Had another 4-6 releases but nothing else landed.

Heading out of Ibay tomorrow morning for the maiden voyage.  Not sounding that encouraging and we know the east wind is a downer mostly for this area at this time of year.  I'll post my report tomorrow.

Went out today....maiden voyage  and realized when I got to the boat at Mayers.....I forgot the cannonballs at home!!   Irregardless, I went out this morning and used my boards, and then graduated to dipseys and leadcore.  Wound up with one king and FAR from a major.  Took him on wire diver, no ring on 2 at 125 feet out over 175 fow.  Just so you know, I started inside this morning.  The water was crystal clear.  I could see the bottom in 50 FOW!!  The east wind is sooo not our friend!!

image.thumb.png.f39ffb7dbb76fdf31cbb879aafee73c1.png

Sounds familiar to our day. Started in clear water in tight then moved out to deeper water. Ventured out to about 250 and back. Only one small coho to show for it.  Slider on a rigger down 35. No idea where to start but Going out again in the morning.  Not expecting the water conditions to change much overnight. 

I'll be heading out Sat AM from IBay also. At least the winds look low and from the S and maybe the front coming in with possible rain in the PM will kick something up.  I guess between the 3 of us we'll find out 

• Like 1

Left Ibay today at 6 and trolled west inside 10-40ft all the way to Long Pond and then worked our way out to 150 continuing west. Marked Lakers on bottom at 130ft. About 3 mi west of Braddocks, made a swing back. Called it a day just east of Braddocks and motored home. Never moved a rod except to change baits. Water is COLD! Never found a temp above 41 except for inside of 15ft. Long day! 

Tomorrow...taking a hard right and see what happens.

Edited by Shakemsam

For what it’s worth, did a maiden voyage today and fished the ponds to Braddocks for a couple hours in the afternoon. 2 in the boat.  Laker and a coho, lost a another decent fish and 1 or 2 knock offs. 10 color and 3 color. Customer pink NK 28 and baby shower with gold back stinger. Fished 50-60 fow. Water looked good. Some bait on bottom. Not a lot of marks. 

• Thanks 1