Down rigger weight with fishhawk.

No, although I usually run spoons off my probe rigger and paddles off the other rigger. I figure they both end up with similar blowback that way. Both catch fish most days. But different presentations at different depths. Never felt like probe has any bearing on hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I hook up more on the fish hawk probe side. But that may be to the fact I run the probe side deeper. Usually right on the thermocline or below.  Generally put my “go to” setups on that line. It’s the first line I put out and the last line I bring in. I have a rear starboard side 2nd helm. I tend to favor starboard side turns as this is opposite side of my kicker and easier to watch the line. I run the fish hawk of the starboard side rigger. I’ve wondered if that is a factor?

I see fish come up or follow the hawk side. It's on the port side. But then they drop off. It's almost like the weight and hawk is a mass in the water the fish don't like.  I have also changed color of my shark weight. Black to silver and then back to black.  My next trip. I'm spacing the weight and hawk farther apart.