bretter"s hughes report 4-26 Sunday

we had our best day yet even though we only fished for 2.5 hrs.Pulled the planer boards a little closer to the boat since the pea soup was so thick.5-5 with all fish being browns in 10'-20'.Two on riggers set down 5',dreamweaver ss 42nd spoon and stinger alewife took the other.Black-silver rapalas took 2 and a gr

een bomber took 1.Seems I've noticed we've had better luck jumping up a size on the stix.

Just want to wish everyone fishing the loc good luck.

Thank you Bretter,

I'm going to give it a shot with a couple newbies in the am from work. This trip should be interesting to say the least. Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how I make out.

Congrats on a nice day and good to hear your is dad doing well and back in the boat.

Coup

Bretter,

We fished there on Saturday. It was slow, again. We got two browns in closer. Nothing out close to 20'. Water was a little green, and the wind changed mid morning. We motored to Ginna then, and there were lots of boats catching nothing down there too.

Which boat are you fishing out of Hughes?

I think I am done for a few weeks. I have some other obligations.

Tom

Im thinking going deeper for the silvers is going to be the plan for Friday. Fished east of Sodus on Saturday and got two small fish. Dont think I want to beat around in that clear stuff. In the past we have done well out in that 180 to 230 range with less then ideal temps. Good luck to everyone fishing the derby.

Hey Bret!! Was that you guys on Sunday morning fishing just outside of the chute??? Tan Starcraft Islander???

We were on my tan Sportcraft, with white top. Worked the same water as you guys were.

Not sure if that was you or not.

Chris

I thought that was you, I was going to try to call you on 68 right after we got that first fish in the boat, I looked up and you guys were gone.

Now I know what you look like on the water.

C-ya on the Lake!

Hey Bretter...Hows the weld job on the trailer hold'in up? Looking forward to putting the new wire rod to good use. I"ll be out sat and sunday...give me a yell on 68 if you go west...Wolf