Gobies vs Perch and Panfish

i have no real data to back this up but i would think that since gobys prefer hard bottom and pike tend to be more weed oriented that gobys would make up less of the pike diet.

that said pike are very opportunistic and will take whats available.

13 minutes ago, ifishy said:

i have no real data to back this up but i would think that since gobys prefer hard bottom and pike tend to be more weed oriented that gobys would make up less of the pike diet.

that said pike are very opportunistic and will take whats available.

Thank you so goby colors wont be as effective as perch and bluegill colors unless they are holding in rocks or areas near hard bottom 

Again opportunistic middle of the channel is still near the edges if pike are hungry they will eat anything so goby colors work just fine as those are also crayfish colors and smallmouth colors and rockbass colors. If pike are real active Brite colors will draw fish in from father away. I never said they don't eat goby's only that I would guess it would be a smaller part if thier diet than it is for smallmouth. Fish behavior often follows tendancys that you can use but the rules are not hard and fast the fish will try to go where there is food and try to avoid danger

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

9 hours ago, ifishy said:

Again opportunistic middle of the channel is still near the edges if pike are hungry they will eat anything so goby colors work just fine as those are also crayfish colors and smallmouth colors and rockbass colors. If pike are real active Brite colors will draw fish in from father away. I never said they don't eat goby's only that I would guess it would be a smaller part if thier diet than it is for smallmouth. Fish behavior often follows tendancys that you can use but the rules are not hard and fast the fish will try to go where there is food and try to avoid danger

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

True in my experience things like this can make the difference between having a 10 or 20 fish day when they arent as active

Edited by Big fat pike