Weighted Steel

How I have handled this is if you have two reels to do, do the first reel backwards (put the weighted steel on first, then fill with the 50 lbs braid).

Then transfer onto the second reel keeping track on the counter how much braid goes on.

Then fill the second reel using the same amount of braid and then the weighted steel.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It will likely be a tight fit with 300' of WS on a 47 sealine, I had 300' of WS on a 45 size Okuma reel and ended up buying a 55 size okuma for that setup instead. As I wasn't comfortable with the amount of backing I had room for on the 45 size reel (don't forget you need a good amount of heavy leader on the front of the setup as well). I think the Daiwa 47s are slightly bigger than an Okuma 45 but I would say rule of thumb once you get to 300'+ your looking at a 55 size or similar reel. 10 colors of lead would be the most I would run on a 45 class reel. You could consider going with 30lb braid for backing, that combined with the slightly larger spool size on a 47 may let you comfortably fit that setup.

Edited by FishingFool34