Rochester. My cannon downrigger power just stopped suddenly

Bustersit

If you have a breaker box try resetting  it. If you have inline fuses (should) check them and replace if look burned. It is usually that but if not maybe a bad switch. Screwwy Louies near Fairhaven used to fix them and may still. If not try Fish307 in Lake George.

Unplug it, throw a meter on the power side to confirm you are getting power.  If not, easy fix with the fuse.  If you have power, gotta look at the rigger.  I'm pretty sure there is a verified Cannon tech in Buffalo/West Seneca if it needs work.  Changing parts on these is quite easy though.

On 5/25/2022 at 9:41 PM, Bustersit said:

I live in Rochester. Anyone fix cannon electric downriggers? Possibly a fuse or switch

More than likely its a board.  Open the cover and look at the board.  Usually one of the components on the board will show visual burn if bad.  Most of the time, you can smell it once the rigger case is opened.  

Just used Screwy Louies to repair 2, one needed counter replaced which Brandon replaced, other needed power cord end replacement, 1 of 2 male prongs on motor power cord broke, bought part and replaced myself. Most likely would have parts you need