Olcott NY Memorial weekend

Making the drive from Michigan to Olcott NY on Saturday.  Excited for my 1st ever fishing trip to Lake Ontario!!    

Any insite would be greatly appreciated on a good starting point for Kings.  

Winds are looking favorable, which is awesome 

thank you

We were up there from Thurs-Mon, best fishing was out in front of Wilson for us. 180-240 fow, down 40-75ft. LOTS of small fish around, we stopped running spoons on boards by the 2nd day. Just a pain to keep reeling in the 10 color and 300 copper with 12" shakers on them. The big fish all came on meat or FF down deeper (65-75ft), biggest of the weekend was just shy of 20lbs with several in the mid-teens.

Edited by FishingFool34
  • Like 1

Thanks!  I’d be happy with a few teenagers. We are taking someone new up there and can’t wait to see the smile on their face when those kings hit!

9 minutes ago, FishingFool34 said:

We were up there from Thurs-Mon, best fishing was out in front of Wilson for us. 180-240 fow, down 40-75ft. LOTS of small fish around, we stopped running spoons on boards by the 2nd day. Just a pain to keep reeling in the 10 color and 300 copper with 12" shakers on them. The big fish all came on meat or FF down deeper (65-75ft), biggest of the weekend was just shy of 20lbs with several in the mid-teens.

• Like 1

Got home safely (Michigan) yesterday.  Had a great time all week.  We met some wonderful people, ate more chicken wings than I can count, spent some time along the Niagra river being a tourist, and had calm seas almost the entire week.  

We caught a variety of fish: Kings, Coho, Lakers, and Atlantics.  Nothing huge, except for a few big Lakers. most up by the power plant to the east.  

Mag Michigan Stinger spoon in Caddy Shack UV was far my best spoon.   

I hope to get back Labor Day.  

Edited by Cat Power
  • Like 1