Some guys tell me they use a black light to charge their glow flashers, flies, spoons etc. Before they put them down and some tell me its not really necessary.   I'm confused.  What are your thoughts on charging your glow baits and Why?  Thanks in advance for any comments!

9 hours ago, Chinook Rookie said:

Some guys tell me they use a black light to charge their glow flashers, flies, spoons etc. Before they put them down and some tell me its not really necessary.   I'm confused.  What are your thoughts on charging your glow baits and Why?  Thanks in advance for any comments!

Early morning i charge them up. Any other point in the day it isnt needed. I use a UV flashlight like this one... 

https://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-Vansky-Ultraviolet-Blacklight-Eliminator/dp/B01A5KLUG2/ref=asc_df_B01A5KLUG2/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=216527863848&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3751102061017653608&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9005588&hvtargid=pla-379332376529&psc=1

• Thanks 1

It's illegal to do now in Ontario but for staging KIngs I used to run chart/fire tiger J-13's with a silicone tube pierced in the middle treble which I then inserted a glow light stick in the other end.  the glow off the stick combined with the illumination of the plug body would be like a beacon in the water. I would say my catch rate for lighted Vs. non in early morning low light or turbid conditions was 2:1 in favour of glow glow stick.  A rattling body bait like a bomber long A also did the trick with the added stick.

• Thanks 1