Oak Orchard 5/28 starting point.

Looking for a starting point out of the Oak for tomorrow morning?? Nothing specific just general water depth would be great.  

Drop in 100 and troll north west. Riggers 50 to 70. 

150 to 250 should produce. 
If the local charter boats are concentrated in a certain area that could be worth a look as well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yea on the way out in about 120FOW or so I hit something with my prop at speed. Stopped the motor dead it it’s tracks. The motor wouldn’t start back up. Dropped the kicker and trolled back in. Caught 4 dinks. Tried starting the main several times, finely caught and sounded like a dryer full of ball bearings.  Oil pressure was 20 lbs. (was 55 at speed and idles at 40 or better usually) got to the dock and trimmed up the out drive the prop is trashed. Must have hit something??  Taking it to the marina this Saturday. Hoping for good news. 

Sorry for your bad luck Fishnut. I hit a submerged log out of the Oak at high RPM about four or five years ago. It was after one of those deluges with lots of debris in the water. The engine had a clunk clunk sound to it. Luckily it was only the prop and that was repaired by Ernst. Hope the repair news is good at the marina. 

• Thanks 1