millions-of-gallons-of-untreated-wastewater-pouring-into-niagara-river

Had this same issue several years ago.  Yes it is aging infrastructure but last time it was mismanagement as well.

I don't get it.  Chuck Schumer will have his face in front of a camera for anything.   He should have brought the pork home on this one the last time this happened.  Niagara Falls is a world wonder and should be treated with respect.   

4 hours ago, HB2 said:

I was thinking the same thing 

More much needed phosphorus . 

When Zebras showed a long time ago , Lake Erie management types proposed pumping raw sewage into the lake . 

Can't be good for the Maid of the Mist tours!  :rofl:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, MCF said:

Had this same issue several years ago.  Yes it is aging infrastructure but last time it was mismanagement as well.

I don't get it.  Chuck Schumer will have his face in front of a camera for anything.   He should have brought the pork home on this one the last time this happened.  Niagara Falls is a world wonder and should be treated with respect.   

I wish Up Chuck Shumer would go over the falls. Without a barrel 

4 hours ago, chinook35 said:

I wish Up Chuck Shumer would go over the falls. Without a barrel 

That’s one big turd (untreated waste) going over the falls.  

• Like 1

Unfortunately, when organic waste decomposes, it creates ammonia.  That's why wastewater facilities are required by the EPA to have ammonia stripping mechanisms.  Ammonia is great for algae but deadly to fish.  Hopefully it's diluted really quick!