Any Battery Guru's out there (Y.T./ L&M)

If it was me I would use only the regular battery for a starting battery not a deep cycle.there is something about charging that I can't remember.But if you have 2 batterys you could hook one up with your electronic and one to the main motor.Then you will be all set.I have twin deep cycle batt for my electric trolling motor so that's what I have my electronic on plus there on a on board charger the starting battery is charged by my main motor.

Clarke: You should have no problem's using a deep cycle that way. It has been common practice for years. Not sure what size boat you"re running or how many electronics's, but if you have room I'd invest in a 2nd battery with a switch as well. OK guy's I'm ready for the heat & comment"s. ;)

Guest ReelDiel

L&M,

thats exactly how mine was set up with in the begining from the dealer. I then went to 2 batteries with the switch 1 for starting the other for electronics/ downriggers when trolling the switch is on both and they both charge. I then have 2 batteries for my trolling motor only (24V) not interfearance (sp.) this works great for me and i luv piece of mind with 2 batts especially in the winter months.

As you know I just did a dual battery,dual engine setup. In my search for info.I came across this outfit and sent for their catalog.Their catalog has most all the wiring configuration w/schematics. Also high quality bus bars ,breakers fuses ,switch panels. It explains how to setup DC distribution systems. You cant order out of their catalog you have to go to a dealer. But you can figure out exactly what you want before you go. The catalog is free and its about 130 pages of good info. Here is their site, but you have to fill out the info to get their catalog . Its worth your time.

www.bluesea.com

Clarke,everybody has told you correct information.The main thing to remember is:make sure 1 you load test your batteries before you use them to make sure they are good.One bad battery will draw down a good one and cause you to go crazy.2 make sure your charging system wether it is from your main engine or trolling motor or solar is in good working order.3 this is critical make sure if your trolling and using your trolling motor to charge the system that the charging system is puting out enough amps(usually more)than what your total draw use is.One back up note if you use an isolator or a seperation switch if you have problems you can usually go to one battery and start your trolling motor by hand and charge it enough to start the main engine.A good battery will charge quickly.This is the way my dual batteries have worked for years.

Good Luck This Year

Mark

"Mark's Mistress" The only girlfriend my wife will let me have! ;)