for sale : usa Lowrance HDS 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

will just an HDS9 even work with a live scan transducer?? I have a hds9 gen 3 and didn't know it would work with a live scan transducer. I believe you need a carbon or an HDS live unit to get live scan to work but I could be very wrong. and if I am please set me straight, right now I have the structure scan 3D and transducer or I have a 3 n 1 transducer I can use. but I haven't mounted it in the boat yet.

Lowrance has what they call a Live sight transducer that works with all HDS’s. The Active Target Live Sonar only works with HDS Carbon and HDS Lives. The AI 3 in 1 works with HDS Carbon and HDS Live. But the Carbons have to have the latest software update for the AI 3 in 1 to work other wise you need to use the Total scan transducer which works with the HDS Gen 3 too. There is a tag right by the connector that identifies what the transducer is. 

17 minutes ago, nysrx01 said:

Lowrance has what they call a Live sight transducer that works with all HDS’s. The Active Target Live Sonar only works with HDS Carbon and HDS Lives. The AI 3 in 1 works with HDS Carbon and HDS Live. But the Carbons have to have the latest software update for the AI 3 in 1 to work other wise you need to use the Total scan transducer which works with the HDS Gen 3 too. There is a tag right by the connector that identifies what the transducer is. 

hey, thank you so much for this info. I bought a hds 10 insight used which came with an older structure scan box and a long transom mount transducer. so, I assume it's a total scan. I just bought the hds 9 gen 3 used that came with a newer used 3D structure scan box and another long transom mount transducer, but I have no idea what it is. a want to check the numbers on both to see if they match and contact Lowrance to see what I have

The one you have with the HDS 10 is either a LSS1 or LSS2. LSS1 works with the basic structurescan module and the LSS2works with the HD structure scan module.  They only read down image and side image you still need a 2d transducer.if the transducer with your 10 is a shorter than your 3D ducer then it’s a LSS1.  The LSS2 was the same length as the 3D ducer. Even with the 3D you will need a separate 2d transducer as that also only reads down image and side image too. Like I stated before there should be a silver tag with the transducer ID near the plug end. Text me at (518) 588-8164 if you have any other questions and I can send  pics of the different types. 

Edited by nysrx01

On 9/16/2022 at 7:36 AM, nysrx01 said:

You Might want to mention what generation the HDS is.  Plus the transducer you show in the picture is not a live scan transducer. 

Ok thanks, it was in a boat I purchased. I was just going by what the previous owner told me. Not sure what gen it is, I’ll see if I can find it and post it