Have been doing well on the morning bite. The moonshine rv have been great for us along with the carbon 14, mostly mags. Once the sun gets high, we have been struggling. What do you do to keep the bite going when it gets bright out. We switch up to some spoons to uv with limited success, but would like to be more productive. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

High sun, between the hours of 11am-2pm is a challenging time for me also and I am by no means a charter captain or winner of any notable tournament series on Lake O but with that being said; I have had more success recently in those conditions limiting my spread and pulling rods to (5 rods only), lengthening my leaders on my thumpers and dipsys (9-16ft) and using only natural colors (black, silver, green) often with little to no additional "jazz" (UV tape, glow etc). I have not altered speed too much at these times but I am sure that someone on here can provide some feedback. 

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

There are times during the day that the fish are most active . Rarely have I seen it , for any species , that the bite is strong all day . 

That time might be first light or just before dark . Or it might be , especially full moon , middle of the day.  

Mid day high sun , especially when the fish are deep , I like my dipseys way back . A mirage fly was always good for me . Also silver purple spoons . Glo frog also among others . . As of late I like a white UV pro troll I am partial to .

Some of our biggest kings are caught during these hours ,usually on long coppers pulling cut-bait! We don't scale back on the number of rods we run but keep them spread out 2 riggers,2 divers and 4 coppers.Generally will run longer coppers after the morning bite dies,kings usually go deeper as the sun comes up.

• Like 1

Drop your spread deeper. As the sun come up the light will penetrate further down in the water column illuminating more bait deeper for the fish. This is normally the time when they will be more “sluggish” and eat an easy meal versus having to travel up far in the column and chase it. This is where the long lines (coppers) and long lead dipsies will be most effective. Another “old rule of thumb” is “bright sun/bright lures”. A lot of chartreuse, silver, chromes, and UV can be very productive in sun.

The mid-day bite can be fast and furious once you figure the program out