Cannon downrigger help

I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my downriggers, which have separate issues.

My newer mag 5 hs does not lower the weight when you press the toggle down.

My older mag 10a, when raising the weight, you cannot stop it by depressing the toggle, but it does stop at the waters surface when it senses the short stop. I changed the switch on both, but it did not resolve the issue. Any info would be appreciated.

Sent from my moto e6 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On your 5hs if you can hear the relay click when you push down the switch but it does not run , it is NOT the switch. It is one of the relays on the control board. You may need to shut down everything to listen for the slight click of the relay. The contacts are burnt if the relay coil clicks but there is no motion. Unfortunately you cannot change the relays as they are mounted and encapsulated on the control board.  It is easy to change the board on the 5.  I did one about a year ago.  They are available from Cannon. Not sure about the 10a or if the boards are available. 

Thank You all for your help! I will get a new board for my mag 5 and switch my probe to another rigger until I can get the 10a fixed. I like using the 10a for my probe cause it doesn't come up real fast. I have an old digitroll I can use for now. Thanks again

Sent from my moto e6 using Lake Ontario United mobile app