Cayuga FathersDay

Besides getting blown out by 930 seeing the strangest temperature swings I’ve seen ever.  Water tested by Ithaca yacht club in middle of lake … Myers…. T falls .. Atwater, just shy of sheldrake in middle and shallows ….Water down 80 feet running 60 degrees water down 90 feet 58 down 100 running 55 … could not find any water in 40’s anywhere in 20 miles of lake even down 120 feet … fish very difficult to find last week had thermocline at 30 foot with water below 30 around 47 water in same spots last week down 80 was 43 …..I know it’s the massive continuous wind but wth ???? I’ve never seen such warming of the water like this …

Had a friend up from Florida last week. I been bragging about all the fish we catch on Cayuga. Fished basically the same waters you are describing . Ended up with 3 lakers to small to trip release. I figure they swam back over to Seneca.....

• Like 2

We had a similar result lol I thought maybe since my boat was in Seneca it just brought the Seneca curse with it. My son and I were studying up can’t find any postings or references of water being that warm so very deep …our releases on the small fish died I’m sure 60 degree water didn’t help 

Edited by Lewis863
More complete thought !!

Launched out of deans this morning and found the water temp 54 all the way down to 80 feet.  The wind must of killed the thermocline.  Hopefully the warm weather this week starts to set it up again.

7 color, 5 color and 150 foot copper all took hits. Riggers were also busy at 75 feet on both spoons and flasher fly.  

best speed was 2.2. 

4 bows and a bunch of lakers.  Back at the dock by 11am.