Itroll control

I'm tired of attempting to get any consistent speed with my honda kicker and have decided to get something to control it more accurately. I've decided that the Itroll appears to be what I'm looking for. Could anyone that actually uses one please give me your honest opinion of this unit both good and bad. I'm also curious whether the hunt mode is worth the price. Thanks

44 minutes ago, jmyers8 said:

Look up troll smarter I've been using one this year and works great amd has alot of built in features included in the base price

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I looked at that also , but I like the dial used on Itroll. Trollsmarter doesn't use one.

iTroll is awesome, you will love it. I did not upgrade to the Hunt mode option so I can’t speak to that. I do love the speed control being so precise.  I had the Troll Master on my last boat and liked that but not as much as I like the iTroll. 

If you are located on the west end of Ontario, PM me and I can get you contact info for local rep. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 10:39 AM, swnoel said:

I'm tired of attempting to get any consistent speed with my honda kicker and have decided to get something to control it more accurately. I've decided that the Itroll appears to be what I'm looking for. Could anyone that actually uses one please give me your honest opinion of this unit both good and bad. I'm also curious whether the hunt mode is worth the price. Thanks

I had an itroll on my Yamaha kicker and it was awesome, I loved it. No complaints at all. I also had hunt mode and for me it wasn’t worth it. You have to reprogram it every time conditions change like wind and current speeds pushing the boat. I could never remember how to do it quickly and when I finally did, it never caught me anymore fish than just turning the boat. 

• Like 1

Got it installed on my Honda 9.9 with remote, electric start, and power tilt. The instructions were not very good because it was not for this exact motor. I needed to remove the starter assembly from the top of the motor along with the parts box. Once I did this I was able to access the secondary hole to tap for the servo bracket. It sounds like it was difficult , but it wasn't . Another thing was that the original throttle bracket is not replaced but left in place and the new one is installed over it. Got it tested and await my first sea trial with it.

image4.jpeg

image3 - Copy.jpeg

image1 - Copy.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image0 - Copy.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg