Cayuga Best kayak laker access Cayuga

Just wondering where the best area/launch on cayuga is with kayak access to lakers. I want to get out this weekend and was thinking of hitting Canadice since it is more friendly to kayaks, but I feel as though I have better odds of solid action on cayuga. I have a very stable 12’ sit on top kayak and electronics and am familiar with how to find/jig fish I just would like to not have to paddle incredibly far from a launch. Right now the wind forecast looks promising for a smooth lake. I’ll ditch the plan of it looks like it’s going to kick up. Honestly a good morning to me will be one for the cooler and a couple more to toss back and I’ll call it a day. If anybody has any info they’re willing to give up I appreciate it very much. Thanks! 

Edited by dawsonscreek

Ditto on Deans you don't have to go far to jig and it is a little more protected than other launches especially from westerly wind.

Edited by Sk8man

Myers Point as well, on the east side of the lake... Just north of the point typically has Lakers in around 60 FOW .. Possibly a bit deeper by now, but early morning thats about where I start, and then go deeper as  the day moves on.. Last time out the lakers hit VERY early, I mean just as the sun was coming out, they were active and taking a swipe at anything, and then  I don't think I got a hit after about 7 am, although I did catch a nice Brown on top while trolling back to the ramp in bright sun... anywhere between Myers north to  Long Point and beyond on the east side of the lake holds lakers, that can be jigged from a yak...  Gotta watch  the wind.. It can go from flat to whitecaps in a matter of just a very few minutes mid lake...

Did you jig them off the bottom or were they suspended? I ve watch some youtube videos of a guy jigging for Lake Trout on Cayuga, and he picks up several by letting bait fall to bottom, jig it couple times, then slow wind it back up to his kayak. 

Thanks!!

Edited by cmc5028

59 minutes ago, cmc5028 said:

Did you jig them off the bottom or were they suspended? I ve watch some youtube videos of a guy jigging for Lake Trout on Cayuga, and he picks up several by letting bait fall to bottom, jig it couple times, then slow wind it back up to his kayak. 

Thanks!!

Except for the salmon everything was jigged off bottom