Big laker!

Well a week after Jack's derby and I was able to get out with my son and his buddy. Day started slow with small browns and bows, adjusted coppers and slowed down to 2.3.......rod reefs over and I tell the boys to get it. Son's buddy jumps on it and said, it ain't no baby.......fought for a long time, thought it might be a good brown or a foul hooked laker.........when it appears, I was like, that's the biggest laker I've gotten on this lake.....called jack at southshore, he set up the scale, and we cruzed down........22lbs even on his scale.....just a beast, great day for sure!! PB for this young man.....I love this place!!!!!!

20220625_150455.jpg

20220625_150446.jpg

20220625_153732.jpg

• Like 11

4 hours ago, lyk2fish said:

Well a week after Jack's derby and I was able to get out with my son and his buddy. Day started slow with small browns and bows, adjusted coppers and slowed down to 2.3.......rod reefs over and I tell the boys to get it. Son's buddy jumps on it and said, it ain't no baby.......fought for a long time, thought it might be a good brown or a foul hooked laker.........when it appears, I was like, that's the biggest laker I've gotten on this lake.....called jack at southshore, he set up the scale, and we cruzed down........22lbs even on his scale.....just a beast, great day for sure!! PB for this young man.....I love this place!!!!!!

20220625_150455.jpg

20220625_150446.jpg

20220625_153732.jpg

Wow congrats 

Morning marinecrafts, 

the fish was hooked deep in it throat, the surface temp was 72 degrees which makes it very difficult to release, and the young man wanted to mount the fish as it was the biggest laker he ever caught. All other lakers and trout we caught were released, but we had to recover 2 of those lakers cause they just kept floating back up. Tough time of year for long fights and quick releases.

Stillwater and mako, fish was 39.5 inches, and he will mount it. I do fish taxidermy and have been teaching this young man.....he will form it, I will paint it for him.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's interesting back ground on a really great fish. It will provide a lifetime of enjoyment and memories! I would enjoy seeing a picture of the finished mount.

If I ever break 30 inches on a walleye I will see if you're available to mount it!

Thanks for sharing.