Bigger Left handed hi speed reels?

Is it just me or does nobody make a size 40 or 50 high speed line counter reel in left hand retrieve? I feel like I’ve looked at all the big name reel makers. The biggest I can find is a tekota A 600. Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Cody191 said:

Is it just me or does nobody make a size 40 or 50 high speed line counter reel in left hand retrieve? I feel like I’ve looked at all the big name reel makers. The biggest I can find is a tekota A 600. Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're already in a niche section of large spool, hi-speed, freshwater, trolling reels and then and even more niche spot of LH retrieve... I'd bet you're going to need to look into saltwater reels to find what you want.

Guess I didn’t realize long lining reels were so niche. And this might sound dumb to some but am I the only right handed person who thinks the reel crank should be on the left side? I mean I don’t know any right handed person who uses a spinning rod with the crank on the right. In my mind you should hold the rod with your dominant hand and crank with the other. It will drive me insane if I have left and right handed reels on the boat.

3 hours ago, Cody191 said:

Guess I didn’t realize long lining reels were so niche. And this might sound dumb to some but am I the only right handed person who thinks the reel crank should be on the left side? I mean I don’t know any right handed person who uses a spinning rod with the crank on the right. In my mind you should hold the rod with your dominant hand and crank with the other. It will drive me insane if I have left and right handed reels on the boat.

I crank a spinning reel left handed, buy specifically LH baitcasting reels (never understood the whole casting/switching hands things?) but with trolling reels I'm much more comfortable cranking with my RH. I think it's due to the fact you usually have a lot more cranking to do on these bigger reels than you ever would on a casting reel. Long lining reels aren't niche per say, but freshwater, level-wind, hi-speed, large spool reels are imo (and LH even more so). Other than great lakes fisherman, what fresh water fishing is going to require a reel that can hold 400yds of 30lb line? There's only a few companies that even make freshwater trolling reels. What you're looking for is prolly much more available in non-level wind, lever drag saltwater reel I'd bet.

Edited by FishingFool34