Trolling motor decision

zarogers1

I've had both Powerdrive and Terrovas in the past, between those two alone the choice is easily the Terrova. The deploy/stow mechanism on the PD models was clunky and awkward to use, plus more power and longer shaft lengths on Terrova models made it a no brainer. I've got no experience with ProNav and honestly never heard of it before seeing this, but I can't imagine there is much it can do that the ipilot can't so Terrova with ipilot would be my choice.

4 minutes ago, FishingFool34 said:

I've had both Powerdrive and Terrovas in the past, between those two alone the choice is easily the Terrova. The deploy/stow mechanism on the PD models was clunky and awkward to use, plus more power and longer shaft lengths on Terrova models made it a no brainer. I've got no experience with ProNav and honestly never heard of it before seeing this, but I can't imagine there is much it can do that the ipilot can't so Terrova with ipilot would be my choice.

I have a garmin so that limits some of the functions you can use with i-Pilot 

5 minutes ago, zarogers1 said:

I have a garmin so that limits some of the functions you can use with i-Pilot 

Aren't all of the ipilot functions done thru the remote? I thought you need the ipilot Link version in order to connect to your Humminbird sonar to gain the additional functions.

9 minutes ago, FishingFool34 said:

Aren't all of the ipilot functions done thru the remote? I thought you need the ipilot Link version in order to connect to your Humminbird sonar to gain the additional functions.

I could be wrong 

• 1 year later...

Choosing a suitable trolling motor is crucial for fishing. The Terrova pedal is user-friendly, but if route-setting is a priority, the ProNav might be the way to go. It depends on your fishing style. I've heard good things about both, so go with what suits your needs best. If you can't decide, use a dice roller to make the decision. Tight lines and happy fishing!

Edited by WadeMccann

I think you can do what your looking for with the Minn Kota Terrova with Ipilot Link.  Just the ipilot wont allow you to connect to hummingbirds units like the Link would to route. IMO I would stay with the Link. Looks to be a similar cost buying the Terrova with the link as if you purchased the ipilot with the pro nav.